Saturday, June 9, 2012

Reconnecting

I didn't realize how dependent on the internet I was until I lost internet in my home.  Well, technically it's my parent's home, but I'm on the lease too, so there.

I'm trying to reconnect with people on a forum I haven't visited in well over 8 months.  8 months!  And that's after visiting and laughing and posting for like a year straight.  Craziness.

I don't read fanfiction like I used to (don't laugh, we all have guilty pleasures), I don't watch animation like I used to, and I don't look up useless - yet entertaining - things like I used to.  In fact, I'm not even on my laptop that much now that school's over.

What I am doing is knitting and designing more.  I go outside more.  I swim more.  I spend time with people in face time more.  I'm working on bringing back the art of letter writing.

It's strange.  I think I went from one extreme to the other.  There has to be a middle ground, right?  So that's going to be my goal for the next few weeks - find the middle ground.  I'm going to make it a point to blog twice a week at least, check forums once a week, and stay connected to my online people better.  I'm also going to continue going outside, swimming, knitting, writing, and designing.

And working.  Because working three jobs requires mad skill.  I applaud people who do it, now that I know what it's like. Bleh. 

(Thank you, student loans and being an official grown-up.)

I think that sounds like a fair compromise.  Wouldn't you agree? 

Here's to finding the middle ground, dear readers.  Cheers.

~Meaghan

No comments: