Thursday, February 5, 2009

I'm back.

Sorry it's been a while since I've updated, Cyberland. I've been really busy with work and my extra activities, and then earlier this week I had a freak out moment about college (more on that in a bit). But I'm good and I'm back, and other than being slightly tired, I feel pretty good about things.

So here's what's new in my world.

This week I got to looking around the Fort Hays State University website and discovered that not only is it going to cost more than I expected but all sorts of other things like how far from home it is and how I know no one in Kansas began to filter into my brain. My mom was in the other room and she said she could literally feel the panic coming off of me. Plus, my gut instinct began to protest loudly. I usually rely pretty heavily on my intuition and instincts because they are almost eerily accurate (this is how I knew to apply for my current job, how I knew to take the year off from school initially, etc.); I think that when I was applying to college I shut them off because all my instincts have been fairly quiet the last few months, which is not normal. I think I had chosen to ignore/block them.

So because of how I'm feeling with regards to college, I am in chaos. Or at least I was for a while. I suspect that I am probably going to go to a community college for two years and then transfer out to some place like CSU, which is a logical thing. Plus I can keep my job at Sylvan if I do that, and I really like working there.

I have to take this opportunity to say that I have really great friends. I felt like such a failure earlier this week because I hadn't been smart and I had only applied to one college and now it didn't feel right, but my best guy friend (the only one I told what was going on) made me feel so much better about it. I just want to say that I don't know what I would do without friends like that. I think my world would completely cave in.

And now for a complete topic change. Sunday I am auditioning for the church spring production. Every year my church puts on a fall show and a spring show. Up until this point I had never felt like participating. However, since I started participating in this improv group at church (it's like the show "Who's Line is it Anyway?" and is soo much fun to do), I have been feeling like maybe drama is something I want to pursue a little. Obviously I don't want to make a career out of it - I still want to be a high school English teacher or lit teacher - but I'm going to try for it.

I am planning on auditioning for a singing role in the chorus. And my friend who was mentioned above is going to be trying for a part too. Which makes me happy, because I know who else is probably going to audition and while they are completely nice and whatever, I just don't ever really get along with them. Having my friend there (I almost want to use names cause it's easier to type, but I'm not sure I want everyone who reads this to start stalking him or something) is going to make it a lot more enjoyable. He is actually a bit of a veteran compared to me, cause he's been in various plays and musicals before.

So that is my week. As I write this, I am eating peanut butter and jelly from the jar for my breakfast. Yum.

Until next time,

Birdgirl90

"If this is it/
All we have and ever will/
If this is it/
Time is running out and standing still."
- The Bravery
"Above and Below"

1 comment:

mark said...

So there is
English/Lit/Drama teacher also.