Sunday, February 1, 2009

It's Superbowl time!

I have to be honest. I am one of those people who pretty much never follows sports. I typically do not see the point behind them - why do we want to see a bunch of guys or girls tackle each other on the field in hopes of scoring a point? However, while I don't get it, there are times (like today) where I am actually going to be paying attention.

Ah, the Superbowl. Other than the few high school games I went to at my sisters school, this is pretty much the only time I'm interested in football. It amuses me that people are so serious about who they are pulling for and who is going to win. It is just a game. However, because there are so many playoffs, it is actually one of the better games because both teams are good. There have been exceptions to this general mindset (like when one team is there in body but not in any other form giving the rival team the ablitity to walk all over them), but for the most part both teams are pretty well matched.

And then there are the commercials. I love superbowl commercials. Granted, some of them are a bit off color, but they are amusing nonetheless.

I do have to admit that I have been rather disappointed by the half time entertainment the past few years. I think they should have someone like My Chemical Romance or the Bravery give the show. That would be awsome.

So who am I rooting for? Being from St. Louis, I'm going to have to say Arizona because Kurt Warner now plays for them and he is an amazing quarter back (I bet the St. Louis Rams are going to regret trading him now...)

Until next time, enjoy the game.

Meaghan

No comments: