Sunday, February 8, 2009

Outside the Comfort Zone

I did it. I, the usually shy girl who keeps most things to herself, auditioned today for the church spring production. Not only for a role in the chorus, I might add (which the director said I got no matter what), but for an actual main role that will require me to stand in front of everyone to give a two minute monologue.

I was so nervous I thought I was going to be sick, but actually doing it and proving that I am amazing at public speaking and drama (a lot of people don't know that because of how quiet I am most of the time; I am actually really good at dramatic readings) gave me the biggest rush and sense of accomplishment. I am so proud of myself for doing that. And there is a very good chance that I am going to get one of the two speaking roles for my age bracket.

More about it later, I have to turn the light out - my sister wants to sleep. I'll write tomorrow!

Meaghan, the incredibly excited drama nerd

No comments: