Friday, July 2, 2010

I've Taken the First Step

I am going to get published this summer if it kills me. I am also going to get into that orchestra.

And I have taken the first step needed for making both things happen.

I started practicing yesterday, trying to get a piece together for auditions. After a vigorous routine including scales, free play, and my Mozart piece, I feel as if I am on the right track. I will keep the practicing up, and with any luck, I will have a good audition.

Likewise, I started typing up a collection of poetry that I have been writing off and on for almost three years now. I have eight pages thus far, but I have a feeling I need more to get a published book. It is, however, the right step.

So wish me luck, Cyberland Readers, and maybe I will get there. And even if I don't, I will be able to say I tried.

~birdgirl90

No comments: