Monday, July 26, 2010

Dreams and Pieces

It's 7 a.m. and it's my day off. I should be trying to sleep as late as I humanly can, or I should be reading or laying in bed or something.

Instead, I woke up stiff about fifteen minutes ago and am now debating the merits of showering. You see, I am very peculiar about my hygiene, but I also color my hair and washing it obsessivly like I have been known to do makes it fade faster. So since I showered yesterday and washed my hair and whatnot, I really should just wait until I get off work tomorrow at 1 to wash it again.

I know, that is completely random.

I had such weird dreams last night that I half feel the need to document them and half hope I can scourge them from my mind forever. They were disjointed and random and full of pieces that should not fit together, and yet...

They were full of things that I half think are beautiful. Painful, maybe. Dreams filled with people I haven't heard from in months, filled to over flowing with people who are constantly around me now, their roles changed. Like I said, the pieces should not be together, and yet they are.

I don't know what I want to do now. I don't know if I want to write down the odd, mismatched pieces of my mind and analyze what they are trying to tell me I really am. I don't know if I want to forget them, either, though, because I may never see some of these people again in real life; maybe I should document the dreams to remind me that I never forgot them, even if they forgot me.

Sometimes I feel like people, and time and various other things, fall through my fingers like sand. You know - the harder you try to hold onto them, the faster they go. I'm learning that you can't hold so tight to them, cause it suffocates and smothers. At the same time, though, you have to be able to know that even if they forget you, you always will have the time together that you had. Does that make sense? I'll admit, my mind is not yet completely awake this morning...

I think I will go write down my dream pieces. I want the proof that I do remember, even if I won't look at it again for months down the road.

Have a great day, my Cyberland Readers, and may things work out for you.

~Meaghan

No comments: