Thursday, July 1, 2010

Hey, It's July!

When the hell did that happen?

I'm going to be twenty in two whole weeks. Again, when did that happen? I don't feel any different, except that I'm happy I'm no longer going to be a teenager. Maybe now people will stop asking me when I'm going to be starting high school in the fall...

I think I am going to compile a list of things I've learned during the first part of this year. I normally try to do a year in review type of thing, but I don't know if I'm going to remember enough stuff. I mean, my first six or seven months of this year have just blown by - and I mean blown (my hair is still flying from it, for crying out loud) - and I barely remember half of it.

So, I think I'm going to do that soon. Not in this blog, but maybe in the next one.

I am thinking about trying to make money off this blog. Is that too much like selling out? I always wonder with this type of thing. I write because I love to write, not because I am looking to strike it rich, but getting paid for it would be kind of neat. I want to be a best selling author one day; maybe this is the way of getting there.

Although, if I did monetize it, I seriously doubt I would make much money on it. I mean, how many are there of you out there who acutally choose to read about my struggles as a young women in Colorado when you could be reading a "Twilight" blog or something?

Doesn't matter. I write because I love it, and you read it because you enjoy reading it. It's that simple of an equation. The result is two satisfied parties when it is all said and done. Still, it would be nice to try to get out there. I mean, I would write for the newspaper if I could. Unfortunately, they don't want me it seems. That was the feeling I got from the guy who came to the library to talk about writing.

I am not going to give up. I will write until my brain melts and gushes out of my ears, until my fingers bleed and my heart aches and my eyes are bloodshot from staring at blank pages and computer screens. I will not give up on this dream. I may be old and about to die before I get a published book on the market, but by God, I will publish something one day.

Sorry, my rant for the moment. I get depressed sometimes about things, and it usually comes out in the form of me preaching my agenda to the world.

Moving on.

I start manager training soon. My boss gave me a huge book of company policies and practices, and the boss of the regional manager of Einsteins wants me to train at one of his stores for two weeks. Apparently that means driving to either Aurora or Denver proper, but I think it will be worth it.

Still don't have an audition set up yet for the orchestra, but I practiced for a good 40 minutes today. I am horribly out of shape and my fingers ache; it felt so good, though. I forgot how much I love my instrument. I still have it, I might add. The skill needed to play in a group.

Ok, that's enough rambling for today. Farewell, my cyberland readers, and I shall write again.

~BirdGirl90

No comments: