Sunday, September 26, 2010

I Hate When Insomnia Hits

It's not fun. I woke up at some ungodly hour last night/this morning - I didn't want to look at my alarm clock because I knew it would laugh at me when I started crying - and didn't fall back asleep until right before my alarm went off.

Of course, I then unwittingly turned my alarm off and slept an hour over when I was supposed to get up. That lead to my mom being slightly frustrated. I don't blame her, actually. At the same time, though, I really needed some sleep.

I don't know about anyone else out there, but when I wake up and then go back to sleep, I always have the most lucid dreams. I mean, they range from being odd, happy little things to horrible monstrosities that make me want to scream. I got lucky - this morning's dream turned out to be fairly pleasant, even if it's not entirely realistic.

Reality sucks at times, children. Remember that.

Anyway.

I think this might also be a good time to mention how ironic my current reading choice is. That's right. A few days ago, I bought (my parents did, actually, but that's a slight technicality) a copy of "Insomnia" by Stephen King. Probably not the best thing to be reading while I'm having my own issues sleeping, but still good. I mean, it's that or re-read the Lord of the Rings triology.

Which brings me to another thing. This is banned book week. You guys all need to go out and do your part. What I mean by that is that everyone should go read some banned books. A.) Some of them truly are wonderful, B.) it keeps the government and minority parties from having extreme, communistic control over us, and C.) it really is just good for you. I have a blog in the works with a list of my top 20 favorite banned books that I hope to have up either this afternoon or tomorrow.

We're having a banned book reading at school on Tuesday, and I'm trying to get signed up to participate. How I understand it is that everyone who wants to read will get five minutes to read from their banned book of choice. Should everything go correctly, I will be reading an excerpt from "The Lord of the Rings: the Return of the King". My plan is to read the section where Eowyn kills the black rider after her dad's been thrown down and while Merry is watching.

If everything does not go according to how I understand it, I will either be reading what they tell me to read or I will be watching. Watching and listening. Good stuff either way.

Alight, readers. On that note, I need to leave you. Sadly, I've been procrastinating on homework this weekend and I apparently need to get it done.

Adiou,

~Meaghan

No comments: