Friday, September 24, 2010

A List of Random Facts: An Experiment in Blogging

I'm trying something new. Currently, in my creative writing class (it all goes back to that, doesn't it?), we did this thing called a list poem. Basically, you write a list of things such as descriptive terms and events, and then throw them into a poem. I liked how mine turned out, once I actually got it done.

Now, in case you are wondering, this is not going to be in a poem form. I just feel like making a random list about things, my world, etc. and posting it on here. Part of this is because I think it will be fun, and part of it is because I may want to use it later, and frankly, I don't feel like getting hand cramp by manually doing it on paper. The other part is to see if I get anything out of it that I can base a character on. So really, this is also brain-storming.

Yeah, I'm that kind of person.

Anyway, if reading lists, this is probably not going to be a good blog entry for you, and you should turn back now while you have the chance. You have been warned.

A List of Random Facts:

1. My favorite color is violet, and while I'm not sure of the reasons, I've almost always liked it.

2. The only time that I didn't like violet the best is when I was in my teens and was trying so hard to be "goth"; I swore at the time that black was my favorite. I'm pretty sure that wasn't true at the time, that I really was just saying it, but you never know.

3. My first crush was in elementary school on this kid who was a "player", if you can even use that as a term in elementary school.

4. Everytime I take a Harry Potter sorting quiz, I end up in Hufflepuff. Every. Single. Time.

5. Being a Hufflepuff pisses me off. Majorly. Mainly because it means that my family and friends were right - I am a marshmallow with naivety most of my peers have lost by now.

6. Did I mention that their mascott is a badger?? A badger, people. Come on.

7. I have a younger sister who I am very close with.

8. She also happens to have just beat my ACT score out of the water by five points. For some reason, she was also sorted into Hufflepuff instead of Ravenclaw...

9. I think she cheated on the sorting quiz to make me feel better, but I can't confirm that. Yet.

10. I have never been kissed. There are times when I think that I want to be, but that there has to be some sort of serious connection first. There are other times when I am genuinely freaked out by the very idea.

11. I believe in love at first sight, but not in the sense that Hollywood makes it out to be.

12. Guys, gas prices, and physics generally baffle me.

13. I love the rain. A lot.

14. But I also love the sun.

15. My horoscope sign is the crab.

16. I don't know how I feel about it.

17. I will never pass up a chance to go out in the rain, even if it's just for a few seconds.

18. I love music, reading, and writing.

19. Fall is the best season, up until it snows.

20. Sweaters are great.

21. My friends used to threaten to baby proof my room, but they don't have to any more.

22. I love Stephen King.

23. I also love horror movies.

24. Twilight is officially my least favorite thing, mainly because of the whiny heroine and middle school fangirls.

25. Owls are my favorite animal, especially the Barn Owl.

26. Other birds of prey are cool too, though.

27. "Watchmen" is the first "real" graphic novel I've read, and I absolutely loved it.

28. I still do, as a matter of fact. Especially Rorschach.

29. I always eat the icing off of my cupcakes before I eat the cake part. I don't know why I do this, just that I've always done it that way and I always intend to do it that way.

30. I have yet to make a bucket list. I should probably get on that.

31. I tried smoking over the summer, and feel incredibly bad because I enjoyed it almost every time.

32. On top of that, I have asthma. Not smart.

33. I really want a convertable, so I'm saving my money to get one when I finally get my own car.

34. Quitting my job has made me happier than almost anything I've done this year.

35. I like school, but I have no idea what I'm going to do with it when I'm done.

36. I generally clam up when talking to new people.

37. I'm really bad at the art of small talk, and will either talk your ear off or not say two words to you until I feel comfortable with your presence.

38. Whenever I feel bored or in a rut, I change my hair color.

39. Coke will always win over Pepsi, just like ninjas will always beat pirates.

40. I'm on social network sites, but I'm beginning to think that I don't care what my friends think. I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

41. I am a huge nerd.

42. "Star Trek", the one that came out in 2009, is probably one of my favorite movies.

43. "RENT", "The Lord of the Rings" triology, and "Watchmen" are on that list as well.

44. Mystery Science Theater 3000 is awesome.

45. I have yet to watch Dr. Who, even though everyone keeps telling me that I'd really enjoy it.

46. I am classically trained as a violinist, but haven't played "seriously" in over two years.

47. What is the deal with those tiny dogs celebrities carry around, and why am I so bothered by it??

48. I love to knit. I think it's awesome. Get over it.

49. I try to change my nail polish once a week.

AND

50. I got called four eyes in the first grade after I got glasses. Turns out, the kid who did it actually had a crush on me. Go figure.

Ta'da! Lists are fun, and they warm your brain up. I for some reason feel like doing homework now. Huh.

Have a fantastic day, Cyberland Readers, and I will try to blog again tomorrow.

~Meaghan

No comments: