Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I'm Bored..

..otherwise known as the "I should be studying but" blog.

Oh there are so many different things I could be doing right now. I could be reading my history text book in an attempt to get (and stay) ahead. I could be writing the short story I've been meaning to write for what feels like forever. I could be doing extra credit homework, getting lunch, talking to random people, walking outside...

Instead, I'm blogging about how I'm slightly tired and slightly bored.

Know a secret? You could be doing all those other things as well, but instead, you're reading this blog.

This is five minutes of your life (and mine, come to think of it) that you will never get back.

Was it worth it? I wonder.

On a positive, bright note, tonight is the night that I audition for an orchestra. I feel so nervous that my stomach is all jumpy like it has dragonflies in it (forget butterflies, those are way to dainty for this problem), and I don't audition for another six and a half hours. This is how it always is for me before I audition for something or perform. I'm usually nervous enough that I could hurl up until I enter the audition room. As soon as I pick up my violin though, it's like my nerves transform me into some kind of super woman fueled by my adrenaline.

Which, of course, means I do great. Most of the time, anyway.

So yeah.

Last night, I dreamed I worked like ten hours a week at a Halloween super store. It was cool, cause that's something I've never done before, and I kind of think it would be fun. I just got out of my old job, so maybe I can apply for an extreme part time position before I get students to teach. We will see. I know for sure that I am ready for Halloween, even though it's only September. I'm thinking I may even attempt going to a haunted house. Again, we shall see. I mean, I'm the girl who screams when toast pops out the toaster, so maybe it's not that great of an idea...

I think I'm going to go now. I really do need to get some lunch and get my day started.

Have a great one, Cyberland readers, and I'll write a better blog when I get home tonight.

~Meaghan

No comments: