Friday, November 5, 2010

Oh Man, Really??

So, as you know, my dear readers, this semester has been kind of a rough one in the health department.  In fact, I dare to say it ties with the Summer 2009 semester (I had that stupid viral thing all summer, was sick on my birthday, and still managed to go to school with perfect attendence).  I can think of a two week period this whole fall semester where I was totally healthy.

As for the rest?

Starting the semester off, I had a cold/lung infection that knocked me flat on my back.  I took a while to get entirely over it and then I was able to enjoy my two weeks of relative health.  Then I started off with sniffles and ended up with a sinus infection and strep throat simultaneously.  I recovered but my immune system never quite got back up to where it normally is.

And now, this.  A stomach virus that brutally woke me up this week at ungodly hours and required running down dark hallways while everyone else is sleeping.

Granted, it's fairly mild, but it's just enough that eating is kind of uncomfortable and I'm exhausted.  I really want to sleep tonight without issue.

The funny thing about all of it?  As I'm sitting on the porcelin thrown, my humble bathroom trashcan before me, I realise:  I really need to start emptying the trash on a more regular basis. 

Yeah, that's right.  I was totally sick and all I could think about was how I should probably take the trash out and not let it pile up like I do.  Go figure.

Alright, well, I'm wiped.  Now that I have shared this information with you, I feel the need to sleep.  Have a wonderful Friday night, readers, and I'll report back later this weekend.

~Meaghan

No comments: