Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Lessons Learned Through Stuffed Animals

So I'm making stuffed animals for Christmas presents this year.  They are a blast to make: I knit them, then stuff them, then put features on them like eyes and noses.  Anyway, they are great. 

And what I've noticed is that even when I don't make them perfectly, I still absolutely love each and every one of them.  I love the flaws and the effort that I put into making them.  I love the yarn, the stuffing, all of it.

Basically, because I made them.  That's why I love them.  No one else made them; even though I followed a basic pattern, each one is uniquely mine.

I think this must be how God is.  I never could understand how God could love everyone so much, especially since we all have so many flaws in us.  (I know for fact that I am a bucket of crazy myself, lol...)  But now it almost makes sense to me. 

God loves us because He made us.  He followed a basic pattern and each one of us came out a little (or a lot) differently.  And just like I love the stuffed animals I make, flaws and all, God must be the same way.

If that makes any sense.  It made sense to me, but I don't always make sense elsewhere....

On a different note, Thanksgiving is tomorrow.  I have a ton to be thankful for and have started a small list in my head: being on break, bring my grades back up to where they should be (by my standards), a roof over my head, a family who loves me even though I sometimes feel like I can't do anything right, the ability to write and to express myself without censorship, yarn, friends, etc. 

And turkey.  Yay for turkey. =D

So anyway, be thankful this holiday season.  It's good for you.  Stop complaining, cause no one wants to hear it.

With that being said, I'm leaving now to finish gifts.  Happy Thanksgiving, folks.

~Meaghan

No comments: