Wednesday, March 14, 2012

A Lack of Road Signs

I feel like I'm riding along through an unmarked area.  There are no road signs telling me which way to go.  Anyway I go will be fine, but each will lead me to a different place.  Those places are unknown.

Hmmm.

My sister just got accepted to the four year school of her choice for the fall.  I am so very, very happy for her.  She has had her heart set on it for the past few months.  It is incredible.  She's so excited.  I haven't seen her this excited for anything in a very, very long time.

I got back from visiting my boyfriend in Boulder.  It was the best thing all semester.  We stayed in a hotel, ate delivery, went to the Pearl Street Mall, visited a yarn store, talked, watched movies, etc.  It was incredible being so close.  When I left, we both cried, me more than him.  I felt like Rose from Dr. Who in the Doomsday episode.  All I wanted was to go back.

And thus the cross roads.

I have been told that if I go to a four year school, I will be more employable.  But my major would probably be English.  And honestly, I'm completely neutral about it.  I'm neither excited nor unexcited about the prospect of going to school for a few more years.  It's more "Ehhh."

If I get a full time job, I can save, live at home, get a car, and then work on moving out.  I can move in with my boyfriend or move near him to give both of us a support structure and routine.  I like this idea, but I'm not ready to work full time at the moment.

So what I think I'll do is keep the job on the weekends that I currently have.  I'll spend as much time over the summer as I can with the people I care about.  And then come July or August I'll decide what to do.

Maybe I'll have some road signs by then.

~Meaghan

No comments: