Thursday, December 8, 2011

It's Over

Winter Break can officially begin.

On the one hand, I am seriously relieved.  I didn't get straight A's this semester; if I'm lucky, I'll scrape two A's and two B's.  Which is still good.  I'm relieved the stress is gone.  I now have time to recoup and finish knitting gifts for everyone.  (Fingers crossed that I actually get them done.)

But on the other hand, I'm still wondering where August went.  I feel like I blinked and it was gone.  Mainly, I'm concerned that this year is almost over and I haven't accomplished everything that I wanted to.  Sure, I made it through the semester.  But did I do the things that matter?  Did I look enough at the spring, summer, and fall trees?  Did I make enough wishes on stars to restore the universe of hope or say I love you enough times to the people I care about?

Mainly, have I made my time count so far?

I think for the most part, the answer is yes.  But seriously.  I need to start paying more attention to life.  The fact that this semester has flown is proof that life is too short.

I'm not ready for the Christmas holidays.  I'm not at all in the holiday mindset.  I think I'm sitting at the mysticism part of Christianity; it's too long to get into here.  I love Christmas.  But I just can't feel it yet.  Maybe I need to get through the weekend first.

And now I need to go to bed before I start drooling on the keyboard.

Goodnight, dear readers.  I hope you enjoy your night.

~Meaghan

No comments: