Sunday, December 11, 2011

Knitting Frenzy!

It is that time of year again, folks.   Winter break is here and the holidays are around the corner.  That can only mean one thing:

Knitting like there is no tomorrow.

I often dream about this while in school - the ability to knit without interruption.  Granted, I have been known to knit in the computer lab and Phi Theta Kappa room at school, but that usually is mindless stuff.  Now I get to focus on the harder things.

Like designing crazy fair isle and then having to knit it.

Or like knitting gifts that seem to never get done.

I will get the gifts done, I will get the gifts done, I will get the gifts done.


Handwarmers for my mom. :)



A hat for my sister. :)


A lone sock for my boyfriend; the other is halfway done on double point needles. :)

A turtle for the son of one of my friends. :)


I've really taken to designing hats for some reason.  I like the fact that they are done in a round, somewhat small (and quick), and can have anything on them.  Maybe I'll move up to greater designing as break progresses.

Here are some pics of my recent design projects, while we're on the topic. :)


A 100% Meaghan Creation.  My first hat design. I love the hearts!



This is my crazy hat.  I finished reading "Sweater Quest: My Year of Knitting Dangerously" by Adrienne Martini and was inspired to create my own insane fair isle project. :)

So yeah.  I am happy to be on break.  Bring on those projects. :)  Also, before I forget, I'm on Ravelry if anyone is interested.  Just look under Birdgirl90.

Have a great rest of your Sunday, dear readers.

~Meaghan

No comments: