Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Holiday Update

The tree is up.  I repeat: the tree is up.

It's about time, actually.  Maybe now I'll start feeling the holiday spirit.

We got our car back today.  Yayayayayayayay!  So the rental car (which we've had for like two weeks now) can go back to the dealer.  It is very exciting and about time.  The only thing that made it so slow was the insurance adjuster getting the estimates.  We would've had our car back last week if he had been faster. 

Oh well.  Count your blessings. :)

I have my boyfriend's gift done (thick wool socks in green flaked with gold yarn) and I'm half way done with his brother's gift (a stuffed hedgehog done in Sonic the Hedgehog colors).  Then I have a hat to finish and a tiny whale to make and I'm done!

I even started a pair of slipper socks for myself.  They're on size 9 double points with thick Homespun Lion Brand yarn in a color called Waterfall.  Here's a link.  It's super soft and super pretty.  I think I can have a pair done by the weekend for lounging after work on Saturday.  That's my goal. :)

A friend and I doubled with our boyfriends to the Melting Pot last night. I had never been there before and neither had my boyfriend. Oh my goodness.  It was incredible.  The Melting Pot is a fondue place.  We got a double date special with four courses.  The first course was a garlic cheese fondue that our server made at the table; there were like three kinds of bread to dip in in, plus veggies like broccoli (is that spelled right) and apples.  Apples + cheese = awesome.

Then we had salads, which were pretty good.  I like that they put hardboiled eggs on them.  That was followed by the main course, a variety of meat and seafood to be cooked in boiling chicken broth.  Again, there were veggies too.  Sooo good.  The dessert was awesome too - white and dark chocolate swirled in a ying-yang pattern with rice krispy treats and cheesecake among other things to be dipped in.

The best part, though, was the company.  It's nice to be with people you get along with and can have a good time with.  My friend and I would talk while the guys were talking, then the four of us would join in again.  It was a lot of fun.  I think fun was what we all needed.  This semester was too hard to get through for everyone.

Tomorrow my sister and I are going with my boyfriend to see The Muppet Movie.  I like that the two of them get along.  I'm not sure what I would do if they didn't.  But as of now, they see each other as siblings.  Strangely enough, actually, it was like that from the start.  I think that must mean it's good. :)

Tonight, we ate at Steak n Shake for the first time in over a year.  They finally opened one in Colorado.  We're from the midwest, so Steak n Shake was part of growing up for my sister and I.  Tonight was like a trip from the past.  And tomorrow we get to introduce my boyfriend to it.  I'm so happy I could cry.

I feel like things are finally starting to work out again.  I have a lot of friends who are struggling; I pray for them and help where I can.  I'm still not sure what my faith is exactly except that it rests with a higher, loving being.  I'm ok with that for now. I'm grateful for my family being together and for everything being ok.

Have a great evening, dear readers.  Take stock of your blessings.  It's good to keep it in perspective. :)

~Meaghan

No comments: