Saturday, January 14, 2012

Update Time Again

Sorry for the slow update, guys.  I've had the flu for the past week.  The worst of it's passed it's course, but I pushed myself too hard yesterday and am paying for it today.  So that's where I've been for most of the week - at home, on the couch.

My yarn made it to me.  It's beautiful.  The sweater is going to be so nice when I get it done.  Totally worth it.

School starts next week.  I think I'm ready for it.  One of my classes got cancelled, so my load is a bit lighter.  It's going to be a busy but good semester.  Then I get to create a resume and get a full time, real world job.  Which terrifies and thrills me, so we aren't going to think about it right now.

My boyfriend is settled in his new college town.  I'm going to go see him either at the end of next month or the middle of March.  He's in Boulder, so there's a lot of cool stuff to do and see up there - Celestial Seasonings, the Pearl Street Mall, etc.  I'm excited.  He seems to like it up there.  He's optimistic and happy for the first time in a long time, which makes me happy.  Our relationship is as strong as ever.

Can you believe we've been dating for over 8 months now?  That seems like such a long time, yet it feels so short.  It's like I've known him my whole life. :)

I ordered his birthday gift today.  I got him (and no telling him, okay?) a boxed set of Anne Rice books.  He loves Interview with the Vampire, so I got him a collection of the first four books - Interview, the Vampire Lestat, Queen of the Damned, and something about a corpse.  I'm so excited. =D

Life is pretty good, other than being sick.  As soon as this nasty thing passes, I should be back up and running like normal.  Which I want more than anything.  I really do.

I started a pair of cabled socks (I'm adapting the pattern myself) and a pull down shirt for my sister. This is my year to knit and write and grab life by the horns.  It's too short to not do what makes you happy.

And on that note, I'm off.  I hope you are having a great weekend, dear readers. :)

~Meaghan

No comments: