Friday, September 12, 2008

A Song I Found

I recently discovered a new song. I saw it initially on the Post Secret website (www.postsecret.com - one of the best sites I've visited. I love the concept behind Frank's thinking...), and I listened to it on youtube. It's called The Chorus by a group named Donora. I personally can not wait until they really take off, as I love what I have heard from them. I just want to post the lyrics here; they mean a lot to me, and you can interpret them as you would like. To hear the song, go to youtube or www.donoramusic.com .


The Chorus by Donora

It's alright if you cry, cover your eyes
It's ok if you scream like a girl
I won't tell anyone if you promise the same
Cause I'm scared of the whole world
It's alright if you sigh, put your head next to mine
It's ok if you curl up in a ball
Cause I might give it a try and end in the same
Condition after all
(It goes)
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh,
Is it alright if I'm sad and feeling let down
Is it ok if I'm not myself again
Will you love me the same if I promise to breathe
And count from 1 to 10
Is it alright if I lose track of the world
Is it ok if I hide from the unknown
Will you tell me again the story about
How I'm not alone
(It goes)
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
Walk away from the life you want
And sing the chorus of the broken hearted
Walk away from the life you want
And sing the chorus of the broken hearted
I think there is a lot of meaning in this song, and that we can all relate to parts of it. If you like it, I highly recommend watching the Post Secret video.

No comments: