Tuesday, September 9, 2008

College

Today I filled out my college application to Fort Hays State University, my school of choice. It was rather exciting, but mainly resulted in me getting heartburn and a headache.



Hays is a really nice small town that I am looking for to residing in over the next four years, if accepted. Which I should be, as I go above the requirements they have for me and am sending my app way before the rush. At least, I hope all that counts...



When I told my friends initally that I was looking at going to Kansas for my education, I was given mixed feedback. My friend already in college for her second year told me they'd be stupid not to let me in, and that I would have a lot of fun going out of state. She also hopes that our breaks coincide.

My friend in Missouri really didn't say a lot about the subject, as she is trying to deal with her own issues, but I suspect that when she comes to visit this winter we will be talking about it.

But the best reaction came from my guy friend, who scrunched up his face in disbelief and demanded to know why I wanted to go to Kansas. (It's a common theme among people) Which was amusing, because I was under the impression that he didn't care what I did with my life, as long as I didn't randomly keel over on him.



And then there are the reactions of my sister's friends, who all are happy I'm around another year, and don't want me to go at all. To which I shake my head. It's the natural order of things people. Sorry.

And that's all I have time to write, as my computer has already crashed once today. More later...

No comments: