Monday, October 13, 2008

I feel like Dorothy...

I'm going to Kansas for college and I am so excited! Which is a far cry from a few weeks ago when I was just scared and stressed. Now I can see, though, what this could mean and I am looking forward to it!

I must admit that I feel a little like Dorothy. I'm going to Kansas, and I think it's going to be a way like going to OZ. You know, somthing different and exciting, like an adventure. That's how I looked at moving a few years ago - that's how I'm looking at this.

I can honestly say that I am ready to go. I am ready to explore a new place, meet new people, and try new things. It's going to change me, but not in a bad way. Rather, it will help me grow into the person I am supposed to become, help me define "me". I'm going to have ties here, of course, but I'm excited by the possibility of making new ones.

My sister is so sad that I am leaving, though, even though it's not for another year. She cries every time it comes up. That makes it harder; it really does. I think everyone else, though, won't miss me too badly. At least, I hope they don't - but if they do, they can always call, visit, or email me.

And that is the long awaited update, cyberland. I've been tired lately and really busy, but I'll try to update more later.

Follow the yellow brick road....

No comments: