Tuesday, October 28, 2008

It's official - I have writer's block

And it really sucks. I mean, I sit down with the beautiful blank paper in front of me, the mechanical pencil in hand, and *poof!* all my concepts go out the window, all my characters leave town. What am I supposed to do?

I mean, I think my story lines all the time - how things are going to go, how the characters live, what I want the reader to feel. But when I go to write, things get so jumbled that the words don't want to form on the page.

I know I've been sick for a while - that probably plays a part in it. I have tried almost anything though, seriously. Listening to music while lettting my mind wander, snacking, not snacking, going outside, staying inside. I've even tried writing in different locations. And it's just not doing it for me.

So what am I going to do? I think I'm going to make a point to write something everyday. It may not be the best quality and I'm going to have to get over the fact that it's sloppy. But maybe that will help my writer's block.

And if I fix the writer's block, I'll be back to updating regularly.

Until next time.

2 comments:

mark said...

The best advice I ever heard
Just start, don't fret over it being good or bad, just start

Birdie said...

I know, I'm just a major perfectionist. I'm going to try working on just starting.