Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Preppin' for Those Zombies.

Actually, right now I'm preppin' myself for the new Resident Evil movie that's going to be in theaters come Sept.

In case no one could tell, I love almost anything involving zombies. Zombies, biohazard leaks, mutations, underground biohazard experimentation gone bad, etc. I love it. It frightens me but it's one of those things that I can't seem to look away from.

What frightens me about it is that it could happen. One day, we could all be facing a fate that looks similar to that of Raccoon City. It could happen. I honestly would not put it past our government to have underground testing and biohazard experimentation going on right now. I really wouldn't. After all, it could be a great weapon to have against our enemies.

But have they thought about the risks? Have they consisdered the fact that it may back fire and that we could all be exposed to their tests? It would not be unlike the A bomb testing when the citizens of the town around the test area (it was somewhere in either Utah or Nevada, if I remember correctly) came down with radiation poisoning years later.

Anyway, what I think I'm trying to say is that I love zombie movies and if the world does not end in the Zombie Apocalypse, I am going to be seriously disappointed. Cause, if we are going to die in 2012, I want to at least have evidence that I was right about the whole government testing thing (plus, kicking zombie ass would be fun until they got me).

So this new Resident Evil movie looks pretty good. It's called Resident Evil: Afterlife. I have not played any of the video games ( I don't have a gaming system other than my computer), but I have seen the other Resident Evil movies. It is probably one of my favorite zombie movie series I have seen. Granted, Extinction seemed a little hokey to me, but Resident Evil 1 and Apocalypse scared me and fascinated me.

Alice, the heroine, is awesome. She's a strong woman, and just all around awesome. There is a lot of character development in the movie plots, the movie plots themselves are textured (for a zombie movie), and there is always a lot of zombie killing action and suspense. All around great zombie films.

While waiting for Resident Evil: Afterlife to come to theaters (Sept. 10th, mark your calenders), I have found a couple of other ones to watch. Quarentine looks pretty good (the library doesn't have it, so I'm going to have to see if it's posted somewhere online), as doesDiary of the Dead (a Romeros film - he makes fantastic zombie flicks; currently onhold at the library).

Anyway, that about sums it up. And as stated before, if the world doesn't end in a Zombie Apocalypse, I'm going to be disappointed.

Until the next time we meet, prepare for the virus.

~Meaghan

No comments: