Saturday, October 16, 2010

I Annoy Myself.

It's true.  I think everyone can relate, too.  We all have things that not only make the people around us wonder but that also drive ourselves nuts.

I've got a boatload I'm about to dump on you guys.

First of all, when I get stressed or anxious, I start laughing hysterically.  It totally does not matter what's going on around me; anything can set me off.  Then I can't stop.  Sometimes I laugh until I'm in tears and then start crying in ernest.  It's not ok with me.

Here's an example for you from last week:

Writing class is my last class of the day.  I'm usually worn out anyway before I get to it.  Add to it the fact that last week I was pretty sure I did the assignment entirely wrong and the fact that I think I might like this guy in class (yay - btw, that's sarcasm, in case you didn't know...).  My instructor reads our writing outloud.  I know it's good exposure, but it still scares the heck out of me.  I hate having attention called on me.  I had had my mid-term meltdown the night before and was still slightly recovering from that.  So my instructor reads my "wrong" assignment outloud.  I don't even know how everyone reacted because I couldn't look anyone in the eye.  It was one of those weeks.  So then we do this thing with "sensational headlines".  I started laughing and could not stop.  My friend who sits next to me asked me if I was ok.  I'm pretty sure people were staring at me. 

 I hate it.  I hate it when I start and I can't stop.  It's so freaking embarrassing.  It gets better too.

That night we went to Wendy's for dinner after my sister tested for her Tae Kwon Do belt.  We were laughing about some toy she got in her kids meal.  I laughed so hard I started crying, and frankly, it wasn't even that funny.  It's like the whole day I could not stop. 

Again, it drives me nuts.  Way to scare off the male population, girl, way to go. Bleh.

Here's another thing that annoys the crap out of me:

I snort when I laugh.

Yeah, that's right.  I occasionally snort when I laugh.  Usually when it's dead quiet and I'm nervous laughing, too.  It's the worst.  My friends tease me about it from time to time.  It's awful.

Another one is how I sound on the phone.  I sound like a flippin four year old.  Come on people, I'm 20.  I should not sound like I'm a toddler.  Geeze.  It's like when people used to ask me when I was starting sophmore year of high school and I had to tell them that I actually graduated high school back in 2008. 

Blah.

But if you think about it, I'm sure you guys have things that drive you nuts too.  So I'm pretty sure I'm in good company.  Right?

Anyway.  I don't know how I'm going to face class on Tuesday.  I thought about skipping the writing class and just going home after my history midterm, but I won't.  I'll go.  It may not end pretty, though.  Hopefully I can hold it together.

I wish we had a normal fall break like everyone else.  I could use it.  I have to say, though, this weekend is nice.  I like it.  I needed this weekend.

Until we meet again readers,

~Meaghan

No comments: