Friday, October 29, 2010

It's the Weekend!!

Aka, happy post time.

Oh, this week.  Where shall we even begin?  It was long.  I'll say that much.  Very long. 

I've been looking forward to the weekend (mainly tomorrow and Sunday) that it's made the week snail along.  But hey! It's Friday!

(Insert Cure song here, if you so desire.)

I think on a whole it was a pretty decent week.  We're on poetry now in writing class which is kind of fun.  I, being a perfectionist who over thinks most things, am making the assignments harder than they need to be, but I'm pretty sure that if I can shut up my inner critic (seriously, critic, no one cares what you think, ok?), it'll be easier for me.

And more enjoyable.

I still have that massive history paper due in three weeks.  I'm trying really hard not to think about it too much, but you know how that goes.  I may tackle it today or tomorrow.  Maybe Sunday, I don't know.

Music class is, well, music class.  I kinda sleep through it, to be honest.  That's not a bad thing - the stuff that interests me really does grab me - but it's probably not a good thing, either.

Oh! I voted this week.  That's right, peeps.  I vote.

As a woman, as a citizen of the United States, and as a college student, I take that responsibility fairly seriously.  I vote via mail in, so I can actually sit and read the little blue book of issues and know what I'm voting for.  I also watch debates and try to make an educated vote, not along party lines.

The one thing that always annoys me about elections, though, is the pro-life/pro-choice issue.  Why is this even an issue, guys?  Why are we making decisions for people we've never met before?  Leave abortion legal.  You don't ever have to get one, I don't ever have to get one, but that way it's always available.  Everyone has different circumstances; we have no right to intrude on something that's between the woman, her doctor, and her God.

To me, making it a government issue is like saying that the men in Congress know better than the women actually getting the procedure done.  Fuck off, government, ok?  We fought hard for our rights.  Same with gay marriage.  You don't support it?  Ok, so don't get one.  But shouldn't love (no matter what kind of love) be allowed to be legal? 

Frankly, the God I believe in loves everyone the same, understands what circumstances we all come from, and doesn't condemn us for it.  I mean, if the same God can love me even though I am a recovering self-harmer, then can't He love the woman who had the abortion not because she didn't love her unborn child but because she had no other choice or the man who can't change who he loves?  Isn't that what Grace and Love and everything else the Bible teaches about?  I don't understand sometimes.

Sorry, guys, this election has me worked up.  I try not to subject you to my views, but sometimes it can't be helped.  Moving on...

So tomorrow I'm going to a midnight showing of the Rocky Horror Picture Show.  I am so thrilled.  I'm making a list of all the things that I need to bring: toast, water guns, newspapers, etc.  I'm not dressing in costume cause it's my first time, so instead I'm pulling out all the goth stuff I have from high school.  It's going to be so exciting!  My friend Jen is pretty pumped too.

Then I'll spend the night with her, go to church with her in the morning (I'm trying a church out, we'll see how it goes...), and then come home and pass out Halloween candy.

Halloween is such a fun holiday.  I love it.  =D

Anyway...

So I think I've rambled enough on here.  Onwards to some homework of some sort, and beyond!

~Meaghan

No comments: