Thursday, October 14, 2010

Well, I Haven't Died...

Although if I did, it might make this post more interesting to you, the reader.  Let's face it: things are more popular when the actor/singer/writer/etc is deceased.  I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the culture we live in.  No one can appreciate things until they're gone, or so it seems. 

But don't worry readers.  I like breathing and living.  I'm not going to go stick my head in an oven like Plath or die of tuberculous like Keats.  I plan on being here for a very long time.  Which means I get to subject you to my writing. 

Bwahaha.

Anyway.

I am getting sick for a second time this semester.  Normally I only get sick once a semester, usually around this time.  I'm used to that.  It's like a familiar routine: get nasty sick around midterms, miss class on an excused absence to sleep (after the tests, of course.  Sick or not, I almost always make it for the tests...), and go back to class the following week.  Predictable like clockwork, entirely blamed on stress.

This semester is odd though, in oh so many ways.  I don't even feel like I can get into it and do it justice...

First of all, I got sick the second week of it.  And by sick, I mean sick.  It was one of those things where because of work and school, I waited until I could barely move to go to the doctor.  My ears were inflamed, my lungs full of crap that was aggravating my asthma, my sinuses and throat sore and dripping, and a low grade fever to boot.  Everything hurt.  I missed two days of work and one day of school.

So, I thought that that would be that.  I mean, I quit my job shortly afterwards and with only school to deal with, I've been one happy camper, so to speak.  I like being able to focus on my education and my recreational hobbies.  I like not having to get up at 4 am and being able to sleep until at least 7 again. 

And now I feel like shit.  I started feeling run down last night.  This morning I was alright.  By the time my history class came about, I felt the pressure starting to build in my sinuses and I was wondering if I was going to make it through.  I got a second wind in my writing class, and now I just feel wiped.  My ears are starting to itch and my throat has that gunky, sick feeling in it.

You know what I'm talking about.

I hope to goodness it's just a cold.  I really and truly do.  Those go away fast.  They are miserable, but they don't last as long as say...bronchitis.  Which I've battled with in the past and I have no desire to do it again.

I have more to write about, but it's going to be a busy night (my sister is testing for her second degree red belt in Tae Kwon Do) and as I said before, I'm wiped.  But I wanted to let you know that I was alive.  I'll try to update later this weekend.  It's on my list of things to do.

~Meaghan

No comments: