Saturday, December 6, 2008

Something that really, really bugs me (a Facebook blog)

My apologies for the lack of writing, cyberland - I've been so busy I've barely had time to breathe, plus there was nothing for me to write about. And before you say it, yes, I do know that there's always something to write about. I just haven't been motivated.

So I joined Facebook a few months ago. I know I said I was never going to join it, but a lot of people I know are on there, and it actually turned out to be a good idea. There is a ton of stuff you can do on there. I do have to admit, though, the novelty wears off after a while - youtube and albinoblacksheep. com are still my favorite sites. Or maybe Pandora.com . Pandora is good.

Anyway, so about Facebook. No one on there knows how to spell or use proper grammer!!! It drives me up a wall! I am an educated young woman and so I try to reflect that in my emails and blogs and, yes, Facebook comments. I want to come across as polished and whatnot - plus, I am a writer, so that sort of thing is very important in getting points across. It absolutely kills me when I get on Facebook and have an email or whatever it's called from one of my friends and he spells half the words wrong and doesn't use any punctuation. Does anyone else get bugged by this or am I a freak?

No, I am not a freak - I am just very precise.

Well, I guess that sums up my Facebook issues. I just can't stand shortened words (like when people take the vowels out of the words themselves) and lack of punctuation. And spelling; why can no one even come close to correct spelling? It doesn't have to be perfect - just stop dropping letters!

Okay, I'm done. Sorry it wasn't too horribly interesting, I just needed to vent.

Until we meet again.

No comments: