Monday, January 12, 2009

Eww, it snowed.

I really don't like snow. I think snow is probably my arch enemy. I know that sounds crazy, but think about it - it's cold, so you have to bundle into multiple layers; it's wet, so it makes my hair frizz; and it's slick, so the odds of me falling are higher than normal. I like that it's pretty, I will give it that. But if I have to go out into it, forget it.

I have discovered, since living in Colorado, that I like the weather in any other season than that of winter. I like it when it's like 60 or 70 degrees with a slight breeze, shade trees, and nothing but blue skies and some fluffy white clouds. I also like it when it's 50 or 60 degrees - that is fine.

But anything below 50 is not my cup of tea. And so snow is out of the question.

The humor of this situation is that I am going to go on a ski retreat that my church is doing. I, however, will not be skiing. I was told that if I wanted, I could come just to enjoy the retreat portion of it. So that is what I will be doing. While all the other crazies are out on these thin things called skis and freezing while they zip down a tree lined hill, I will be inside (hopefully by a fireplace - that would make my day) catching up on my reading. Which is the only practical thing to do when it's cold.

I shouldn't whine so much about it. At least we have heat in our apartment. Still....I'm looking forward to spring.

And that's today's blog.

No comments: