Thursday, January 22, 2009

It's a little random, but you already knew that...

Yesterday, in the Denver, CO. region, it was a beautiful near 70 degrees. The sun was up, the sky was blue, and it was just gorgeous. How often does that happen in the middle of January? I swear, if the weather could stay like that or similar year round, I would be an incredibly happy camper. So what did I do yesterday?

I stayed inside and burned a couple of CDS for my sister and her friend that I was supposed to do around Christmas time, and then I went to work. That's right. I was going to go outside to walk or whatever, but had no energy and ran out of time. And I have no one to blame for that but me.

So what is the weather going to do today? Right now it's overcast. Apparently it's going to snow tonight into tomorrow. My mom said not to worry, the weather guys were all saying that it's only going to be a dusting. Let's think about this for a moment: shortly after moving out here, they all said that we were only going to get like, oh, six inches? We got about two or three feet, got seriously snowed in, had special warnings and stuff from the governor, and made the national news.

A dusting.... We will see what that really means.

I'm sitting here, typing my blog while listening to my iPod ("Youthless" by Beck, if you were curious, followed by "Don't Look Back In Anger" by Oasis) and I just realized something. Earbuds are incredibly loud when you are the only one home and there is no other noise. Now, mom just got home a few minutes ago, but before that I had my iPod set on the lowest sound setting and I felt like it was just pounding in my ears at a deafing volume. Now that there are other noises, it feels better. But still.... That's pretty good.

I have to admit that I typically have to buy new earbuds about once every four months or so, just because I like to hear the bass line sometimes and that usually ends with me blasting one or both ear phones out. I know - I'm going to be deaf by the time I'm forty. But it is so totally worth it. And I don't do it too often.

And that is the very random blog for the day. No idea what when or what I'll be writing about next, but it's sure to be entertaining. My poor diary hasn't been updated since September, I've been putting everything in here....

Later,
Birdgirl90 aka Meaghan

No comments: