Friday, January 22, 2010

Break Out the Glasses, It's a Whine Post

So, dear blog readers, I just survived the first week of spring semester. Actually, it wasn't as bad as it could have been. For one thing, I'm taking math with my friend Jen who I took it with last semester. For another, I know my way around campus so much better than I did over the summer or fall. And people are starting to recognize me, which is bizarre and weirdly okay with me - I generally prefer fading into the crowd, but I think I am starting to like knowing people on campus.

Huh.

Anyway, my classes don't suck which is good. My math teacher is still a little scattered and all the homework for the class is online, but it's not horrible. My biology class is interesting. It's college bio and is for people looking to major in some form of science - I think I'm leaning towards wildlife bio so I should fit right in. The semester is going to be a lot of work, but when is it not?

I think it's going to be okay. I think I'll survive. And when this semester is over, I'm going to pierce the cartiledge in my left ear. You know, as a way of reminding myself that I made it through a year of college. And cause it's cute. : )

Tomorrow is going to be exciting. Jen invited me to go to the National Western Stock Show with her and a group of her friends. It's a rodeo with lots of BBQ and bull riding. It's going to be a lot of fun, and I'm really excited. She's gonna pick me up after work.

Work is another thing. I feel as if I'm working my soul away until I have nothing left. Seriously. I work part time, but I end up working all Saturdays and whatnot. I know that I shouldn't complain. Being employed in this economy is a big deal and it pays for my school. At the same time, though, I am starting to feel as if some of the teachers I work with are treating me like cattle. It's like I've always been there, and I'll always be there, and so they can basically use and abuse me.

It's not all the teachers. In fact, a lot of them (like the younger guys and a couple of the women) are really good about being nice and whatever. It's just a handful. Like the person who bitched at the last staff meeting ( I wasn't there, but my boss talked with me the next day about it) about how I wasn't fast enough. Excuse me, but when I have five different teachers asking me for five different things plus cranky parents and the phone ringing, I am doing the best I flippin can. Okay? Don't compare my job to yours, cause it's in a totally different ball park.

I guess I'm getting burned out. I seriously am starting to feel like I should be asking these people if they want fries with that. Seriously. I feel that crappy about it. But it's a good job that pays for school and that works with my school schedule.

As soon as I get my Associates, though, I am gone. I think there is a bookstore that seriously has my name on it. Or somewhere like that until I get my four year degree or whatever it is I'm going to do after this.

Okay, I'm done. I totally did not mean to turn this into a whine post (break out the glasses, haha - get it? Whine, wine...never mind...), but I had to let some steam out. Otherwise I'm never going to be able to move on. And when you can't move on, you kind of turn into a shadow of yourself until you fade into the mist, and the lines in your head get blurred until up looks like down and down looks like up. And I hate that.

Anyway, if you made it this far, thank you. And I'll write about the rodeo sometime this weekend - it promises to be a blast.

Until the next post, keep frosty.

~Birdgirl90

No comments: