Friday, January 15, 2010

The Continued Saga of My Failed On-line Shopping

It's still not posted. If you all will remember, my last blog included me bitching about how I had tried to order an online DVD and failed spactacularly. Well, it's been a week (wow, really? I have no sense of time) and it's still not posted in my account.

I think this means it's safe to say that it did not go through and that I am nearly 19 dollars richer. Or something. I still don't know who is to blame - I'm leaning towards a combo of things and people, so that we all share the fail together...

This brings up a question, though: Will I attempt to order this DVD again?

I really want a Cinematic Titanic DVD. It looks fantastic in every way, shape, and form. And I am so in love with MST3K right now, especially the Joel episodes with TV's Frank and Dr. Forrester (aka, before the Mike Era - no offense, Mike, I just don't love you in the same manner as I love Joel). But I am so hesitant to hand out my debit card number, and I hate feeling screwed over.

Although, I really wasn't screwed over, as I wasn't charged by the end of it. But still, having people online know my card number makes me slightly nervous. After all, I am but a poor college kid who is trying desperately hard to make it so she can graduate without taking out a single loan. (Yes, I know - good luck with that one. It doesn't mean I'm not going to try. *sticks tongue out immaturely*)

So is it worth trying again? I do not know. I really want to say it is, but I have my misgivings. Maybe I'll compromise, give it a few months, and then try again. Or maybe I'll wait until someone up loads onto youtube. Or maybe this really is just a phase and I'll get out of it when semester starts next week.

What do you think, Cyberland readers? Have any of you been in this kind of situation before?

Well, I think I have probably rambled about my internal debate too long. I think it's time for a different change of direction.

Like, did I tell you guys that we lost the improv show last weekend? It was so much fun, though, and we were all laughing so hard at ourselves. I went home with my face hurting. And the best part? We do that every Tuesday at rehersal. Geez, last Tuesday I was laughing so hard at myself that I was crying - not because my jokes were funny (they aren't) but because of the sheer attempt to pronounce words correctly. Oi. : )

Okay, I'm seriously done. This blog has gone on for way too long. And I have a Stephen King novel awaiting me.

I'll let you guys know what I'm going to end up doing about the online ordering.

~Birdgirl90
aka Meaghan

No comments: