Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Ordering Stuff Online Sucks

So I tried last week to order a DVD from this group called Cinematic Titanic. Basically, it's Joel Hodgson and a bunch of the other original MST3K people riffing on movies as adults. The site looks legit and a lot of forums and groups talk about how much they love the DVDs and whatnot. So I decided to try it.

I tried three times to order the same DVD, and each time I got an AVS error. After the last one, I threw my hands in the air and decided to call it quits, assuming that it hadn't worked. When I went to check my account the next day, though, I had a pending transaction from Cinematic Titanic for the price of one DVD plus shipping and handling. I never got a receipt or a confirmation of the order, but seeing as it was the price of just one DVD, I decided to leave it. I also started watching the mail for said DVD.

It was supposed to go through yesterday according to my bank statement. I checked today and was incredibly surprised to find that my account was about 19 dollars richer. Upon inspection, I saw no sign at all of said Cinematic Titanic transaction that was there earlier. It's like it had just vanished into thin air.

Needless to say, I am not impressed. I don't know who is in the wrong - my debit card or their site - but it's really annoying because I don't know if I'm going to get a DVD, or if my account is magicially going to have this taken out again, or if I should try again. All I really wanted to do was see if Cinematic Titanic was as good as the critics say. Now, it looks like I will probably not be ordering from their site again.

To be fair, this hasn't been the best of mornings for me either. I woke up at some ungodly hour having nightmares about college (semester starts next week), and I've been a bit out of it. Also, I really was looking forward to having a DVD in the mail, so that was kind of like another blow on top of everything.

Okay, thank you for listening to me rant. I'll let everyone know how things end up.

~Birdgirl90
aka Meaghan

P.S. - I didn't write this to discourage people from ordering online or whatever. I know a lot of people have had really good experiences with the site - I just happen to have bad luck when it comes to this sort of thing.

No comments: