Friday, December 3, 2010

It's Friday.

And I have no homework.  I think I may jump up for joy. 

Or not.  We shall see.

Last night I dreamed about roller derby.  I was amazing - the skates flowed beneath my feet with power.  I woke up twenty minutes before my alarm went off.  No school, no homework.  It appears to be a nice day.

In theory, skating seems so easy.  Just push off with one leg and glide on the other, back and forth until your calves are numb.  Reality is that I have very little balance and therefore have more trouble.  But I think I might be slowly getting the hang of it.  I have to be 21 to do derby, so I'll be eligiable next summer.  To save strain on my mom though and to be able to afford it, I think I'm going to wait until after I graduate in 2012.  Then I'll be working full time, will have my own car, and will be moving out with my sister.

Maybe I'll practice skating today.

Or maybe I'll finish Pokemon Emerald on my laptop.  That's right, I have the original game downloaded onto my computer.  I'm awesome like that.

More than likely, though, I won't do either.  I'll write or read or knit.  I still have a mountain of gifts to finish.

Alright, readers, I'm headed out for the day.  Enjoy your Friday!

~Meaghan

No comments: