Sunday, June 5, 2011

Life.

It's sad.

There's a woman I know up at church who is just fantastic.  She's got kids and grandkids, but refuses to grow up.  She's spunky, sweet, funny, and always up beat.  A little outspoken too, which just adds to her awesomeness in my opinion.  She takes everyone under her wing, listens to your problems, and offers the right advice at the right time.  We all love her. 

Her husband is dying from cancer.

They've done all they can do for him.  It started as throat cancer and then tumors in his hips showed up.  He's got three to six months left before he goes home.

And yet, even while this news is staring her down, this woman is still up beat and in good spirits.

I can not imagine.

Now that I've met the boy I want to spend the rest of my life with, I can not imagine not having him around.  Never hearing his laugh or his off the wall puns.  Never having him hold my hand as we walk together.  Never being able to talk to him at night to share the highs and lows of our days. 

Death is something that I know must come.  It is a fact of life.  We do not live forever, at least not in our physical form.  Before, when someone's spouse was dying, I felt sad for the person.  But I never really understood what they must be going through.  Now that I have someone in my life, I think I have a better understanding.

I am amazed that she is not drowning in this.  Completely amazed.  Because I would be a basket case.

That is how amazing this woman is.  She is not overtly sad or upset because her faith is strong and she knows that her husband is going to a better place.  She is truly amazing. 

I would be a wreck. 

Please, dear readers, whatever your faith is, pray for this woman and her family.  Let her strength stay and her faith become stronger.

~Meaghan

No comments: