Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Sometimes, You Just Gotta Eat Some Ice Cream

Last night, I went out with my boyfriend, Trevor.

We had a good time.  He came over and went swimming with my sister and I in the afternoon.  Apart from spotty sunburns - apparently we suck at putting on sunscreen - it was a lot of fun.  Then Trevor and I went out.

We went to the library, then to a bookstore and walked around the mall area, and had dinner.  Then we went to a park and started walking one of the trails; but then we heard a pack of coyotes and decided it was best to turn back.  Especially after a random guy on the street told us that we probably shouldn't bother them. 

Which was just as well.  A huge thunderstorm came in, so we would have been toast any way.  After killing some time, we ended up at a local grocery store.  I found out that Trevor had never had Ben and Jerry's ice cream before.  Obviously this had to change. 

So we got a pint of Cherry Garcia and two spoons, and proceeded to sit outside the store for the next hour, eating the whole thing.  We were on a sugar high, I'm fairly sure of it.  As we talked about Harry Potter, both of us randomly burst out laughing at nothing in particular.  It was so much fun.  I've never done that before, and I'm so glad I did.

It was totally worth the extra calories and pounds. 

If you haven't done it, I highly recommend it.

~Meaghan

No comments: