Thursday, March 25, 2010

Farewell, GPA, It's Been Great...

That's right. I just completely and totally bombed (as in bad and not good) my math test. I know it.

I know a lot of people will tell you that if you feel you did really bad, in actuality you probably did better, but I'm not buying it today. Something about not being able to find the horizontal asymptote or being able to graph based on numbers selected along a specific interval tells me that I failed.

Seriously, I went through before I turned in the test and calculated point value based on the ones I know I got right and the results were not promising. At worst I got a 50%; at best it went up to a 60%. Granted, this is the class that I have a 97% in right now, but still. I am known for being an overachiever, someone who actually cares about their grades (mainly cause I pay for school myself).

This coupled with my Biology grade shows that everyone was wrong in their assement of me as a student. (My bio grade is a very low 82 %, but let's not speak of that, shall we?)

I think my problem this semester is that I have been going to school since May, and am now finally burned out. I mean, there are only so many papers you can write before you stand up, scattering papers or the laptop or whatever, throw your arms in the air and shout "ENOUGH!!!!" *

*this may be overkill, but you catch my drift...

Oh well. I finished summer semester with a 4.0 GPA; last semester I had a 3.67. With any luck, I can work my ass off and try to pull out this semester. I think that as long as it's not a 2.0, I'm not going to worry about it.

And summer is looking better by the hour...

On other notes, I recently discovered the movie "Whip It" with Ellen Page in it. I had read the book it was based on years ago, and I have to say the movie is now one of my favorites.

As soon as my skates get here, I can see if I have what it takes to do roller derby. I'm gunning for roller derby queen in 2011/2012. Woot!

I'm trying to think if there is anything else exciting going on. I'm think about changing jobs for something a little more challenging and higher pay, but I have to wait until after our vacation in June. Which is fine.

I joined the Cinematic Titanic forum. I take back all of my previous bitching about them; I don't know why ordering DVDs was such a pain, but I think I'm going to try again down the road. (I'm broke right now ): )

Okay, well that's it. I'm just wasting time in the computer lab before my next test.

Until next time, dear Cyberland Readers,

~Meaghan

Have some forklift action (or at least music):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wErpaF1jvjU&feature=related

No comments: