Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow...

...even though it is spring.

We got a blizzard last night. I have to say, I have been wanting a blizzard for sometime now, even though I hate the snow. The main reasons are a) it's Colorado, b) I want school and work to be cancelled, and c) I really just want a reason to do nothing but stay home, drink green tea, and knit (or write, or read, or get caught up on homework...etc..).

But no.

It blizzarded alright, with snow drifts almost up to my knee (I'm 5'4 if that gives you any insight into the depth of the snow). But I was at work when it started and had already skipped school yesterday (don't say a word - it's my money and my education, I'm allowed to skip.). To top it off, it got so bad that my dad got snowed in at King Soopers and had to spend the night there away from us.

Today it is beautiful, the sun is shining, and it is mild temperature wise. Which means that I will have class tomorrow and I have to go to work in the next 20 minutes. Oh, and my roller derby skates that I ordered are going to be late coming in because of the weather.

Did I mention I'm dog sitting again this week too? I swear, it snows everytime I dogsit...

Maybe the next time a blizzard comes through, it will actually cancel everything the next day. Needless to say, while the snow is impressive, I'm not 100% satisfied or thrilled. I think that means I get a refund.

Right?

Until the next time, cyberland readers...

~Meaghan

No comments: