Sunday, March 14, 2010

I Finally Bought a New Laptop....

...and his name is Crow. Crow T. Robot, as a matter of fact.

Okay, so I finally got around to buying a new laptop. I got this one at Best Buy for a steal pretty much and it's awesome. It's a Toshiba Satellite, and actually this is the second one. The first one lasted all of five minutes before it crashed from an internal error, forcing me to take it back to Best Buy for an exchange. Now that it works, though, I absolutely love it.

I think the funniest thing about it is that when it first started up, it asked me for my username and then it asked me to name my computer. At first I was like "what the heck is a good name for a computer?" and drew a complete blank. And then it hit me - why not name it after my favorite robot of all time?

And so my computer's name is Crow T. Robot after Crow T. Robot of Mystery Science Theater 3000 fame, and I will be referring to him as Crow from here on out.

And since this is my blog and I can, I would like to point out that this is named after Trace Beaulieu's Crow and not Bill Corbett's Crow. To anyone not knowing the differences, Trace's Crow is a lot more innocent, naive, and just plain sweet. Bill's Crow is more bitter and vindictive almost, cynical if you will. I hate that. I love Trace's Crow and wish that, were he real, I could adopt him. *Climbs off of soap box*

What makes this new computer so great? It burns CDs/DVDs, plays CDs and DVDs (which is good cause I love watching movies on my computer), runs the internet, has a bulletine board feature, is sleek in design (at least to me), and has a waaaay bigger memory and hard drive than my old one so that my iTunes won't overpower it.

The downsides? Trying to get all of my crap from my old computer transfered onto Crow. It sucks.

Other than that, I love it.

Okay, that's today's super awesome blog update. I will update again soon.

~Meaghan

No comments: