Monday, March 29, 2010

I Don't Care If This Counts as Word Vomit

I'm going to do it anyway.

This is the second blog for the day, but I am so awake right now that I feel like blogging all over again. Besides, holding in words is a bad thing. It is always good to get them down on paper or the computer or even on a napkin, cause you never know what sort of ideas you are going to come up with on a whim. (The people who know me know that I usually by college ruled notebooks in bulk - this concept is why.)

Anyway, I was kind of having a time of it. My roller skates are a pain (or at least the arguments they have brought about with my mom have been a pain, as I have yet to take the skates outside..), my job is sucking the life out of me, new job applications freak me out, change is scary, school deadlines are approaching, etc.

My dad picks me up from work tonight, though, and things changed a little. It turns out that he Googled my username (birdgirl90 - it's my username for everything except youtube, if anyone was curious...) and it turns out all of my stuff showed up on the first page of searches. This thrilled me, as I am trying to get noticed for something like my writing or my wit or whatever it may be that people notice with me.

So I tried it, and sure enough. This blog came up, my accounts at various forums came up, a lot of my old fanfiction came up, and my Myspace page came up. Which is funny, cause I really prefer Facebook over Myspace and pretty much don't use Myspace anymore.

Still, I am estatic. I may not have a page view counter on this (I have yet to figure that one out) but I have a feeling people are reading this. Especially considering how much I've been whoring out this blog on all the forums and Facebook and everything else I'm a part of.

This then brings about a question: do I even write about anything that is of interest to other people besides me?

I thought about it for all of two seconds and decided it ultimately did not matter. It's my blog, I can write about what I feel like, and if the general population likes it then great, if not it really is no skin off of my nose.

That being said, I like having other people at least share in the drama of my day to day life as a Colorado young woman.

Anyway, that made my day and made me want to blog. I really should be getting to bed now, though, as it's almost 11 and I have class in the morning. One last thing before I go: if anyone is interested in following me at Twitter (I still am not sure how I feel about it, but I think I like it), I am @birdgirl90 and you are more than welcome to look for me. I have a Facebook page too, but I don't feel like giving that out here.

Okay, I'm done. Goodnight, my dear Cyberland Readers, and sweet dreams of the golden keyboards.

~Meaghan

No comments: