Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Crow Should Have a Separate Keypad, or the Why I Hate Making Spread Sheets blog

Before anyone gets confused, remember from an earlier blog: I had to name my new computer when I got it up and running. I named it Crow. I am not talking about a black bird that eats random shit off the side of the road or about the fun little bot from MST3K. I am talking about my laptop.

So anyway, today I had to make these spread sheets and graphs for biology. I literally spent almost three hours working on it and it is still not done. What really made it painful was that I had over 60 data points for each experiment (six experiments all together) and each one had to be typed in by hand.

Do you know how friggin hard that is without a separate number pad?? It was the most tedious and painful thing I have done this week.

At least I burned off the calories from the cherry poptart I consumed while doing it, right?

Here's my proposition: all laptops should come with a separate number pad like a regular computer keyboard has. It wouldn't kill the companies to do that, would it? No, it wouldn't. That's my complaint for the day.

I have to go to work in like five minutes, so here's a brief overview of the rest of my Wed.

I have a mountain of homework to do still, so I'm going to be up doing that tonight when I get home. I also will be doing part of it at work. We'll see how much I get done.

I have been hitting this group called Warp 11 pretty hard. Anyone heard of them? They're a Star Trek tribute band, and I for some reason love them. My favorite songs by them are "Songs for People Who Never Watch Star Trek" and "Old Country Doctor (the Ballad of Bones)". You should look them up if you haven't heard of them.

Okay, I gotta run. I'll blog tomorrow if I get the chance.

~Meaghan

P.S. - I won a contest at the MST3K board I'm on and my DVDs are going to get here today. I am so excited; it's like extra motivation to get stuff done so I can goof!

No comments: