Friday, April 2, 2010

Ordering Online No Longer Sucks, or How I Finally Ordered My Cinematic Titanic DVD

It worked. It finally worked.

I have been wanting a Cinematic Titanic DVD for a very long while now. I mean, I rediscovered MST3K last fall break and fell in love with Joel and the bots. When I found out Joel Hodgson and the rest were doing this thing called Cinematic Titanic, I wanted to see for myself if it was as good as MST3K is.

The problem? While MST3K is at the library, Best Buy, and all over youtube, Cinematic Titanic is available only from the online site, www.cinematictitanic.com .

Buying stuff online is slightly scary cause you never know how secure things are. After two months of debate, I attempted to order. You may remember the rant I threw because I couldn't get my debit card to work. I know that technology is hit or miss at best, but it still irritated me.

So I didn't try to order again and went on with my life.

Until today. Today, I decided that it was time to try again. If I got an AVS error again, I was going to give up for good on it and wait until Mr. Hodgson started selling commercially in stores. If not, well, I was going to do a happy dance and wait until my DVD came.

Lo and behold, it worked. I got the conformation page, the conformation email, the order number, etc. I just about jumped up and down in glee. Well, except for the fact that I'm fairly sure my mom wouldn't have appreciated it.

Anyway, it worked. I really do recant all my previous bitching - the internet has flaws and I get that. All I have to do is wait until it gets here so I can watch it and see if it's as good as MST3K.

Now, if I could only get my pack of M&M's open...

~Meaghan, aka Birdgirl90

No comments: