Monday, April 12, 2010

I Think Tomorrow Might Not Suck

At least, I hope it doesn't.

See, most of this semester, I have had this real dread of going to class. Yeah, it's college and it's great and builds character and whatever, but some days it's really hard to convince myself that I am doing something worthwhile.

I pay for my own education, so I suppose you could say that I have a personal investment in my endeavor to do better. At the same time, though, I really just feel like not going. But every time I skip class, I feel guilty about it. It's kind of a weird thing, cause no one else I know feels guilty about skipping class.

But I feel like tomorrow may not entirely suck. I feel optimistic about it, which both frightens and elates me. I still have to endure two hours of Seletsky lecturing about math. I still have to try to figure out what is going on in biology. I still have uncompleted homework.

But I think it's going to be okay. For once this semester, I feel like this is not the worst thing I have ever had to do in my life. I am going to go in, head held high, and make it through.

And my friend Jen and I are going to Dairy Queen for lunch, so I have that to look forward to.

Thank goodness the semester is almost over. Just a few more weeks. And I will never take summer classes again.

Until the morrow,

Meaghan

No comments: