Friday, April 9, 2010

Random Blog: "The Alien Factor" Review, Roller Skating Drama, and More Inside!

Hey Cyberland readers.

This blog is kind of a jumble of things, mainly cause I feel too tired to write multiple blogs today and lable them correctly.

First off, my review of Cinematic Titanic's "The Alien Factor".

I thought it was hilarious. The movie itself cracked me up just because it seemed like the directors were just putting things together to fill the film. I haven't seen such padding outside of "Sidehackers". And the ending - WTF? I laughed at how random it ended.

And then you factor in the riffing. It's a live DVD, so we can actually see the faces of the riffers. I have to be honest: it was a lot of fun being able to see everyone crack up at each others jokes. The audience was fun too; it's always a lot more fun to share laughs with others than just by yourself. The riffs were spot on and all the ones I understood were hilarious. I can't compare it to MST3K cause they are different things, but I thought this may have been almost funnier.

The language and joke lines, too, were a little more mature. Maybe it's cause I live in the gutter anyway, but I liked that to an extent. It never got to the point of being tasteless (such as in an R movie were everyone drops the F-bomb every five minutes); they basically were echoing sentiments I had about the movie, and it was great. I highly recommend it.

Second order of business: I suck at roller skating.

Roller skating looks so easy on TV and in the movies (like "Whip It") and when everyone else is doing it. I, however, can't do it to save my life. Last weekend my mom held me for ten minutes in a parking lot while I tried to get the guts up do it myself. Tonight, my dad walked me around the apartments and tried to get me to do it on my own. (Yes, both of my parents are awesome, thanks for asking.)

I don't get why I'm having such trouble with it. I can't tell if it's because I've been on rocky surfaces, have a terrible fear of falling, can't find my center of balance, or what. It's a little frusterating. I really want to get good (hence why I keep trying) so I can do roller derby, but I think those dreams are going to be on pause for a while.

Finally, the Denver Museum of Nature and Science is amazing. My mom, sister, and I spent 6 hours there today. That has to be like a record or something. And we still didn't see everything! If you get a chance to go, I highly recommend it. It's great.

Okay, that's it. I am wiped out.

Until next time,

~Meaghan
Birdgirl90

No comments: