Saturday, April 10, 2010

Yep, I Should Most Definitely Be In Bed Now...

...why on earth do you ask?

Is it because you know I am about to fill this blog with more useless information than the back of a cereal box or because you can sense through the screens separating us that I am fully exhausted to the point of hyperness?

Whatever your reason, here is my blog post for the day.

I have calculated that in order for me to make paying $63 for a pair of roller skates count for anything, I have to use them at least 10 more times. 10, I tell you! I can almost guarentee that my derby dreams are dashed, but for the love of all that is holy, I had better know how to skate by the end of the 10 + times. Seriously. Or else I am not going to be a happy camper, so to speak.

On a completely other tangent, I am debating about trying RiffTrax. For those who do not know what RiffTrax is, I'll give you a brief synopsis.

Basically, while Joel Hodgson and his gang has their project of Cinematic Titanic, Mike Nelson got together with Kevin Murphy and Bill Corbett(e) (I said I was tired, that means spelling and grammer have gone to hell for the night. Humor me...) and formed RiffTrax, which is a thing where you can buy an audio commentary full of riffing for a ton of modern movies.

Here's the thing:

I like my stuff to all come together. If I'm going to pay money for someone riffing my movie for me, I don't mind paying the extra to have the movie come with it. I just feel like it's an incomplete product.

But I'm still debating about trying it. Why? Because the little 10 minute blurb on youtube of the three of them riffing Twilight was freaking fantastic. (I love those books, but that movie was just asking to be riffed...) And because they're funny, and because I missed the Mike/Joel debates so I can like them both. And because I love Brain Guy. That's why.

Still, it's all just a passing thought. It takes me forever to agonize over ordering things online and stuff, so we shall see if I actually go anywhere with it.

Okay, now the hyperness is gone. I am going to bed. Good luck trying to make sense of this post, cyberland, good luck.

~Meaghan

No comments: