Monday, May 30, 2011

Holiday!

Today is Memorial Day. 

It is the day we recognize all those brave men and women serving now and who had served in the past.  They sacrifice everything to keep us safe; we should never forget that.  You want to know what a hero looks like?  Look at them.

My dad is off today from both jobs, which is nice.  We're going to do some fun things as a family this morning.  Then later tonight my boyfriend is coming over for dinner.  My mom is grilling stuff.  She is awesome at running the grill, and I always look forward to it.  She makes this really good marinade that she puts on chicken and beef; it's got like ginger and garlic in it.  So, so good.

  Afterwards, Trevor and I are going to go look at the stars. 

I love looking at stars.  I know it sounds boring to some of you, but really it's quite peaceful.  You lay there on a blanket and stare at the sky; it's so big it feels like it could swallow you whole.  The stars glitter, the wind blows the trees, and it's quiet.

I love it.

I love having a boy in my life who appreciates it as well.

I hope you all have a great Memorial Day.  Remember those in the service, remember the reason for the holiday.  And enjoy your time with your loved ones.  Time is too short to let it go.

~Meaghan

No comments: