Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Rainy Day Post.

It's raining.  Which is good, because otherwise, it would be snowing.  I've said it a million and one times on here at least, but I'll say it again for good measure: rain is good, snow is bad.  Rain reminds me of home.  Snow makes me want to cry.

Unless it's winter, Christmas, or around Christmas.  That's different.  Then it's magical.

I'm trying to decide what to do today.  Should I make it a productive day?  What is the definition of a productive day anyway? 

On the one hand, I could clean.  I have a room that looks like a twister hit it, the bathroom is kind of a mess, and I really should sweep the kitchen.  Maybe redecorate my bedroom walls.

On the other hand, I could just spend the whole day reading the manga my boyfriend (it's going to take a while for me to get used to saying that...in a good way, of course, lol) lent me, catching up on celebrity gossip (I don't know about anyone else, but I need a healthy dose of it from time to time), and knitting my scarves.  If I go with this option, I might even work a bit on the collection of poetry I started at the beginning of the semester when everything felt like it was going to hell.

Hmm.  Yeah, the second option I think has won.  It is a perfect day for doing nothing.

I got a copy of People's Magazine yesterday so that I could catch up on the Royal Wedding stuff.  I know, I know.  It's very hyped up.  But you know what?  Kate got her fairytale and frankly, I think it's romantic.  I'm kind of a sucker for that anyway, so maybe it doesn't count though. 

I just love how in love they are.  You can tell in all of their pictures that he really loves her and that she really loves him.  The fact that she's a commoner is cool too.  It shows that when it's right, no barriers - social, religious, etc. - can hold it back.  Total fairytale.

Plus her dress is beautiful.  I don't think it's something that I would wear, but it looks astounding on her.  Weddings are one of those things that some girls dream about their whole lives; I love watching them when they work out.

My cousin is getting married this summer.  I'm kind of bummed we don't get to go to the wedding.  He's the last of my family to get married; that ultimately means that theoretically, I'm next.  Although, we could end up doing what my cousins did and my sister could get hitched first.  It could happen. 

I like to think of it as not on my time table but rather on God's time table.  It makes me a lot less stressed and takes an insane amount of pressure off of me.  And really, I waited and God brought me the most wonderful guy, so I don't see a problem in my way of thinking.

My job interview with Macy's fell through.  I got an email yesterday telling me that my interview was cancelled because they already filled the position.  I'm not as bummed out as I feel like I should be.  I think it would have been a good place to work, but maybe it means I'm supposed to be somewhere else.  Who knows.

My phone has also been giving me a boatload of trouble.  Last night I plugged it in; it said it was charging, so I went to sleep confident that it would be fully charged when I woke up.  I got up this morning and turned it on, only to be told that the battery was about to die.  So after talking with my dad, I swapped out my memory card with his. 

Now I have two phones with me this morning.  One is my dad's with my memory card in it; the other is mine with his memory card in it.  Oh, and the trouble phone is now saying it has a full battery.

I can't wait until we renew our contract and can get new phones.  Just another few weeks...

Yup, that about sums up my existance at this moment.  Enjoy you're Wednesday, dear readers. =)

~Meaghan

No comments: