Thursday, May 5, 2011

Last Day!

This is it.  This is the last day of my spring semester.  As soon as it's over, I can go home and do nothing for a week.  Summer can begin.

I'm feeling optimistic about this summer.  Maybe it's the weather, maybe it's the promise of fun, or maybe it's just the fact that I'm not going anywhere.  I really don't know.  But I plan on actually making the most of this break.

Right now, I'm bored out of my mind.  I don't have my middle class and I forgot my book today.  I knew that would be a mistake.  It's like Murphy's law - if you have it, you don't read it, but if you don't have it, you'll wish you did.  At some point I'm supposed to meet up with one of my friends, but he's tied up with homework, so I don't know if that's going to end up coming about.

Oh well.  There's plenty I can do still.  Like finish updating this.

I'm really excited about not having to do homework for a full three months.  I love the writing, but I felt like most of my stuff wasn't my best this time around.  I'm ready to be working on things that I love and care about.  My stories, my collection of poetry, my knitting.

It's just going to be nice. 

I have a babysitting job tomorrow.  That should be fun.  It's only for a few hours, so I think I'll survive.  No extra issues with the dog the last time I watched her, so that's a good thing.  And then I can kick back and enjoy my weekend.

I'm a little nervous about my job interview.  It's not for another two weeks, but still.  I have like five dates that I need to have off; I hope they can let me have them.  I hope I get the job. 

I hope summer doesn't blow up in my face.

But let's think about happy things.  There's no snow on the ground, the sun is shining, and I'm wearing green.  It's going to be a good rest of the day. =)

Enjoy your Thursday, my dear readers.

~Meaghan

No comments: