Sunday, May 15, 2011

Dinner: Success

My boyfriend, Trevor, came over to eat dinner with my family tonight.

First of all, let me just say that this is the first time anything like this has happened before.  I've never had a guy over for dinner, let alone a guy who I adore.  I'll be honest - I was a little nervous.  As much as I love my family, all of us can be a little hard to take at times.

I had no reason to worry.

He fit right in with us.  I  knew he fit with me (which is a wonderful realization, let me tell you), but it was great getting to see him interact with my sister and my parents.  He was able to hold conversations, keep up with the humor, and relax.

And all of them like him a lot.  Which is good.  Because even if they didn't, I would still adore him, so it would make it harder.

The next thing is meeting my friends, which I'm not too worried about.

Now, if I could just relax around his family...Time, I think, is going to be the answer there.

Have a wonderful night, cyberland readers.

~Meaghan

No comments: