Sunday, May 1, 2011

May 1st

It's the first day of May.  I'm having trouble believing it.  The weather outside does not feel like May weather - it's overcast and cold, with the promise of not getting out of the 40's.  There was snow on the ground yesterday morning.

I don't know where my year went.  So much of it has passed in a blur.  This semester has flown.  It's had it's ups and downs, but I can assure you that it is finishing on an upswing.  I am so happy with where I am right now; it's a feeling I'm not used to, but one that I can definitely get used to.

It looks like I might even finish the semester with a 4.0 again.  I wasn't expecting that at all; in fact, I've been trying to not obsessively monitor my grades because it nearly drove me mad last semester.  It seems that relaxing has paid off. 

This month is going to hold so much.  My sister gets her blackbelt, turns 18, and graduates high school.  I am so happy for her!  My semester finishes up this week; then I either get a job (if anyone calls me for an interview) or try to figure out what I'm going to do with myself.  I'm going to see a movie, get burgers, see Rocky Horror again. 

And maybe the weather will warm up.  With warmer weather and plans with friends, I feel like this is going to be such a great break.

My face hurts from smiling.

I'm tired because I've been up later than normal texting.

I'm losing weight, I'm writing more, I'm focusing better.

Things are finally on track again.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, my dear readers.  And happy May first. :)

~Meaghan

No comments: