Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Hey Hey!

I got most of my homework done.  It instantly puts me in a good mood, know what I mean?  All I have left to do is read a bunch of stories for Creative Writing.  I'll do that here in a bit; it shouldn't take me too long.

Today has not been that bad of a day.  I went to the one library and got the movie "the Jacket" to watch again. (It really is a brilliant movie.  Seriously.  I love it.  It's my new favorite.)  I did my homework, ate mushroom pizza for lunch, had part of a Coke with no heartburn (although I think I've been unconditioned because it didn't taste as good as I remembered..), and cleaned a little in the bedroom. 

And then I got an email from the other library.  I had requested that they get this particular movie in (it's called "Love the Hard Way" - people on Rotten Tomatoes hated it, but Ebert and Roeper gave it two thumbs up; I think it looks really good...) and today I got the email telling me that they got it in on loan from another library.  I'm so excited!  Especially since the weekend is nearly here and I'm going to have time to watch it between homework and family.  And it saves me money - I was thinking I was going to have to rent it from Blockbuster or something, and that's not ok with me.

Now if I love it, that's another thing.  I've already decided I want to invest in a copy of "the Jacket".  This may be one of those things too.  But if it's a dud, I didn't waste any of my money.

Don't you love the way I think?

Yeah, I do too.

Anyway.

So I've decided I'm a short story writer.  At least, I am for this semester.  I love short stories.  I love that they are compact and meaningful.  I like that they don't take forever to write like a novel.  It works for me.  I have so many ideas, and this way I can actually get them written.

Portfolio, guys.  I'm going to have more than one when I'm done with school.  I'm so thrilled I can't express it properly.

Also, not too shabby here.  So far I've updated every day since the new year started.  I plan to keep it up, even if it's just a blurb about something stupid.

I can't really think of anything else to write.  I need to go print out some stuff and start reading for Creative Writing.  I'll be back again tomorrow, though.  I promise.

Until the next time,

~Meaghan

No comments: