Wednesday, January 19, 2011

One Paper Done.

The first paper of the new semester, I might add.

I thought it would feel incredibly exciting, like "oh look, my paper's done, the semester really has started" or something.  No, not really.  It's more along the lines of the "I'm-not-sure-I-liked-how-that-turned-out-but-I'm-not-interested-in-re-writing-it" type of thing.

Oh well.

I am glad to be back in the swing of things.  This week got off to a kind of rough start, but it's already getting better.

I talked to the people at financial aid today.  Turns out, I was right.  I have like a hundred and thirty dollars still to use.  The people in the book store were wrong.  So it's nice knowing that it didn't just magically vanish or something.  I mean, stuff magically vanishes all the time for me - erasers, socks (I blame the sock gnome, but that's just me), books, etc. - but having money vanish is stupid.

It's just wrong, you know?  Just wrong.

Thankfully, it's there.  My head has stopped hurting, my heartburn has calmed slightly (I get that taken care of on Friday), and I'm feeling pretty good.

I'm faced with a choice right now, though.  I can get the rest of my reading done for all my classes today while I have a chance, or I can slack of ceaselessly.

I'm going to get the reading done.  I'll feel better if I do.  I want to finish this blog first, though.

So, it's Wed.  I'm looking forward to school tomorrow.  I'm not actually nervous, which is good.  I know more or less what to expect.  The only thing that seems like it might drive me nuts is the fact that I'm at school from 8 in the morning until after 5 at night.  I think it's going to be okay as long as I pack a book to read and a decent lunch.

I think I might get a lot of reading done this week.  I figure that I can take a lunch that doesn't need to be microwaved and just stay on the fourth floor the entire day.  I don't really know anyone who has a break with me (one friend is taking a semester off to explore the world around her, one friend was going to have class on Tuesday/Thursday with me - she's in the nursing program - but ended up having class on Monday/Wed., etc.), so it will give me some time to catch up on things. 

I'm thinking free reading tomorrow, maybe homework next week.  You know, time to be constructive or whatever.  I had the fleeting thought this morning that I could make mini paper cranes and leave them on the tables in the halls when I go to class.  I'm not sure how that would be received, but it's an interesting thought nonetheless...

I have faith that this semester is going to end well. :)

I'm still writing my story, though not as aggressively as I had been.  I'm at just over 3,500 words, which is pretty good.  I still want to see it through to the end; I'm going to try to work on it a little each day until it's done.  It's my relax project.

I think that about sums up my life here.  I'm reading "the Mists of Avalon" which is pretty good, but I'm not sure I'm going to get it finished before it's due back at the library.  I am going to buy a Kindle or a Nook as soon as I have the money together - I think either one will be a good investment for me.  That way I can have all the books I can read at my finger tips without dealing with due dates.  It just seems convient.

Also, I think I'm going to have to watch the "Darjeeling Limited" again.  I thought I didn't like it, but I can't stop thinking about it.  Ultimately I think that means it's grown on me and I need to borrow it from the library again to confirm the theory.

Ok, I've rambled enough.  I have reading for speech and Psychology to have together before tomorrow.

Until the next random update,

~Meaghan

No comments: